From the game’s website: “Terra Nil is a reverse city builder about ecosystem reconstruction. Turn a barren wasteland into an ecological paradise complete with different flora and fauna. Then clean up, leaving the environment pristine. Subverting the builder genre, Terra Nil is about the restoration of a ravaged environment.”
“Terra Nil, from eco-warriors Free Lives (Broforce) and recycled publisher Devolver Digital, presents players with the task of environmental rejuvenation.
- The phases of wasteland reclamation
- Begin with the water system, slowly purify the soil, and cultivate pioneer greenery. Embark on more ambitious tasks, restore biodiversity, fix the climate, introduce wildlife, and finally recycle all the structures you used to get there, leaving the environment pristine.
- Unique, procedurally generated maps
- Each region of the game has its own flavour and procedural generation palette. Yet even within a region, no two playthroughs will be the same.
- Picturesque landscapes
- Navigate sprawling, verdant, hand-painted environments where everything but the rocks move and breathe. A meditative soundtrack and stunning audio palette will accompany your efforts.”